2018 has been a really busy year so far, even though I know it has appeared quiet over here in the news section of Nine Lives …
… until a few weeks ago, when I began changing and redesigning the site …
If you visited recently, you may have noticed some unexpected changes to layout, or found the website in ‘maintenance mode’. Hopefully the now almost completed upgrade will make up for any glitches in the past few weeks.
More Secure … More Uniform
Moving forward (or onwards and upwards), this latest redesign and upgrade has been driven by the need for change (a new look) with security and accessibility at the top of my list. The online world is continually changing and evolving in new directions, prompting web-designers and developers to embrace and implement the changing ways of delivering content in the web-o-sphere.
What do these changes mean?
Below is a list of the main changes and what they mean. There are still a few tweaks in the pipe-line, so if you do come across any glitches feel free to send me a message.
Previously, the news and shop sections were separate from the main pages, which may have left some of the pages with a sense of ‘us’ vs ‘them’. Bringing everything together as one happy family will provide a more uniform experience:
- Search function is now available throughout the site (useful if you are looking for something specific)
- News, Shop and Main Site pages have all been brought together under the one ‘roof’. Previously, the news and shop sections were separate from the main pages, which may have left some of the pages with a sense of ‘us’ vs ‘them’. Bringing everything together as one happy family will provide a more uniform experience
- New look shop, with smoother checkout and accessible cart
- Better navigation and more responsive for smaller devices (phones and the like)
- Updated functions (behind the scenes), to provide a more secure and stable environment.
Thank you for your patience!
With the final tweaks almost there, I am busy preparing some exciting offers and treats in the shop to say thank you to all you fabulous people. Stay tuned! :)